Top Ten Facts About Cattle:
and cats drink by lapping water with their tongues while cattle and horses make
use of a sucking action.
- Other than beef, cattle provide important by-products for
pharmaceuticals, bubble gum, crayons, candles, toothpaste, paper, plastic,
perfume, antifreeze, glue, tires, paints, and much more!
cattle are cows, males are bulls, and babies are calves.
- Cattle are very curious and they have a tendency to investigate
- Cattle only have one stomach but with four compartments to help digest
grasses and grains.
- Cows often have their ear pierced for ID tags.
- A cow grazes for about 8 hours every day.
- Cows regurgitate their food and re-chew the cud to help digestion.
- The average dairy cow gives 200,000 glasses of milk in a lifetime.
has the most cattle - 13 million.
Back to Raise It!